1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Graduated from SCAD with a degree in Art History
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember me resolutions from last year. I will be making them for this. My resolutions are to learn Dutch, focus on school and my health. Also, get a life in Utrecht instead of going home every weekend (almost).
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My wonderful friend Miquelle gave birth to a beautiful little girl
4. What countries did you visit?
US, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, France.
5. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Um, more determination.
6. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My graduation and the time I spent with my family then, the day I found out I got into grad school, family trip to Lombardy. Some weddings and movings.
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating from SCAD, getting into Utrecht University.
8. What was your biggest failure?
Not telling my family that I love them enough, and not letting go of past hurts enough.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Oh yes. The usual.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
My Apostrophe coat, and yarn?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My family for helping me move out of Savannah, well, basically packing my house while I was finishing my thesis.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Um…. Not sure. Humans in general?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving to Europe. Being close to my family again.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Gotta Get Through This – David Bedingfield, listened to this song about 100 times trying to finish those last drawings.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Same
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) richer or poorer? Still no job….
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Seen family in the States.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
It was spent in Kansas City with Dad and Tammy.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Bones, and Heroes.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t hate, it doesn’t help me at all.
25. What was the best book you read?
Not sure. Read so many, 30 over summer alone.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Regnia Spektor, I know, I’m really late to that discovery.
27. What did you want and get?
Move to the Netherlands.
28. What did you want and not get?
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Avatar was awesome.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 23 and my roommates and I went to drinks at Stairway to Heaven where we meet some art history people, Maggie, Erik, Julie, Roos, and then went dancing at Derrick.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not feeling so lost.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
33. What kept you sane?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Um…. Not sure.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who did you miss?
Family in the States. My friends from SCAD.
37. Who was the best new person you met? Why?
I think it has to Maggie, the other American in the art history department. She always understands my venting the no one else here does.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Keep on chugging. There will be great days and there will be terrible days, just keep going either way.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“I gotta get through this, I gotta get through this…”
“Sometimes it seems impossible and that’s why we pray… so raise it up, when pressures come down…. Gonna break down these walls, gonna give my all, yeah!! So don’t give up, when pressures come down, sometimes it takes a different kind of dream to make ya smile. So raise it up. Sometimes it takes another helpin’ hand to show you the way. So raise it up. Sometimes it seems impossible, that’s why we pray.” – August Rush soundtrack “Raise It Up”